Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Bonnie's Fault!

Welcome to the first entry of my blog.

It's because of Bonnie Hunter at quiltville.blogspot.com that this blog was created. I came upon Bonnie early in 2013 while reading other quilting blogs and immediately began making her patterns. First was Scrappy Trips, then Rick Rack Nines (still needs to be quilted), Lazy Sunday, Jamestown Landing, Basket Weave Strings and now Celtic Solstice - the reason for the creation of this blog. Bonnie is synonymous with the word scrappy for making quilts and for her annual mystery quilt. This one is called Celtic Solstice. You can read more about it here:  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/celtic-solstice-mystery.html

This is my finished Celtic Solstice before borders.


I wanted a Christmas quilt for our king size bed and think this will fit the bill. I looked for backing fabric today but without success. Might have to wait for a shop hop to find something that will work. Until then, I am going to cut fabric and make kits for future quilts. Of course, they are Bonnie patterns! The 2-1/2" bins (check out Bonnie's scrap system - http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/scrap-users-system.html) are running over, so I have chosen her Boxy Stars, Strip Twist, Oklahoma Backroads, and Nine Patch Split patterns to kit. We shall see.

Thank you for looking at my first day's blog!

26 comments:

  1. You couldn't have a better time to start your BLOG. Nice to see another Christmas Version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking fabulous. I love your bright and clear colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome tothe blog world. Your quilt is beautiful.I ammaking the same, but queen size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bente. No matter the size, it's a test of perseverance for sure!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your blog! I started mine a few years ago because of Bonnie and I love working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another blame it on Bonnie! Sharyn, where may I find your blog?

      Delete
  5. So envious. I have been askeered to try and start a blog... not much on technical stuff, especially with computers. I am now a Bonnie Hunter groupie, doing Celtic Solstice, this is my first quilt, my first mystery, and I am just now starting my scrap saver system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola, I can understand how intimidating it might be if one doesn't have a computer background. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just try it!

      Delete
  6. Your quilt is great! Would love to follow your blog to see your other work too. Let us know if you add a way to follow you on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. I added a follow button at the bottom of the site. (Hope it works!)

      Delete
  7. Love your quilt! Welcome to the blogging world. I am thinking this is a good year to make mostly Bonnie's quilts. We will see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! I added you to my list of blogs on my blog (check widgets under the template section on blogger) Blogs are a lot of fun and a great way to connect with people from all over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, emcrorie. I will look into the widgets.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations. Great job on your quilt and blog. LIke you I was inspired by Bonnie to begin blogging. I started with Easy Street and I am loving both doing Bonnie's quilt and blogging too. I can't figure out if I can follow you or not, but I would love to follow your progress if you set the blog up to have followers.
    A lot of my blog is about quilting with my graddaughter. It's been a blast for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet another Blame it on Bonnie. Love it! Darlene, where may I see your blog? I added a follow button at the end of the site.

      Delete
  10. I love your quilt. It's so bright and festive. I am a Bonnie Hunter fan too and plan on using a lot if not all my scraps into her beautiful designs. It's going to take a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn. I'm right there with you - it's going to take me a long time also!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on starting your blog! I did the same thing in 2012, and it was because of Bonnie! Your CS looks great! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kevin. I do read your blog. Your CS turned out lovely! What a great gesture to donate it.

      Delete
  12. Welcome to blogging! Your CS looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I was as brave as you to create a blog, yours looks good Karen! Great looking CS, slowly but surely all quilts come together! Looking forward to many more reads from you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Ana, you can do it! Just give it a try. Thank you and am looking forward to seeing yours come together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have enjoyed reading your Blog and seeing your beautiful Celtic Solstice! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete